Sunday, August 5, 2007

Eco-Friendly?



My mother got some new energy-saving light bulbs today. They are supposed to last up to three years. However, they are packaged in plastic, rather than in cardbord, which means it took a lot of gas to package them. Such a dilemma for me to get them, really. They are so much better for the environment, but they are made in China, which has taken pretty much every producing American job away from our workers. I have not bought any product made in China for almost two years. What to do on this one...what to do.

p.s. they are really an odd sort of light too, florescent-like. And it feels like I'm in a hospital...or in a house where the wacky stuff is harvested. Hmm. And they look like sex toys. Double hmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hm, thanks for this Holly. I've been thinking about buying some of these bulbs, but you bring up some good points. It is a dilemma...

-Emily(Jyc)